When I first came to NEO-RLS I had a limited (really a very, very limited) ability to manipulate the information on a website. I had chaired the museum’s Website Functionality Committee in my previous position but didn’t have to do more than guide the work of suggesting changes to enhance the overall user experience. The NEO-RLS website is very easy to manipulate for the most part and as a result, I am constantly looking at it and gathering ideas for how to make it increasingly intuitive to use. Recently, several of our members provided some valuable suggestions regarding the user experience which prompted me to devote a staff meeting to looking at the website again. In doing so, we came up with a number of ideas and together we have implemented the following which we hope will serve you better.
Thanks to our members for their suggestions. Together we are maximizing library potential. Have a wonderful week!
- The Archived Webinar Library can now be searched by “Reverse Chronological Order” in order to view the most current archives that have been added OR alphabetically by title.
- Competencies have been updated to reflect name changes and new additions to the OLC Core Competency List. For example, see our offerings under the new category of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Information has been consolidated in the drop down menus with redundancies eliminated.
- Contact information has been added to a number of pages where it had been lacking.
- Information on webpages has been made more direct.
- The navigation bar has been consolidated with some categories renamed to better reflect their purpose (Resources has been renamed Services and Get Involved has been renamed Membership).
- The Jobline has been moved under Services.